by Philip Massaro - Barnes TSXI had poor results with the original Barnes X design, but I cannot say the same for the TSX. Black bear are generally regarded as CXP2 category game, although examples weighing over about 350 pounds would presumably be CXP3 category animals. The second category would be the all-around, medium and long range cartridges suitable for hunting both CXP2 and CXP3 class game. The A-Frame is accurate, gives consistent expansion and absolutely will not come apart, even on the biggest, meanest bear God ever made. Nosler PartitionThere’s an issue with the Partition: it works for just about anything, including bears. All rights reserved. This means that shots between 50 and 150 yards should be the goal, even with flat shooting, long range rifles. Most hunters have noticed how relatively easy it is to kill a relaxed animal that is just standing around, and how difficult it can be to stop an animal fleeing for its life (or, heaven forbid, charging). 70% wt … That aside, when you need bone-smashing power to sort out an animal like a grizzly bear, I’m really okay with the tougher bullet. As always, the responsible hunter uses enough gun. Cartridges more powerful than these are unnecessary for even the largest black bears. Any 300 pound predator is quite capable of quickly killing prey the size of Homo sapiens. Swift A-Frame. I’ve used that 220-grain to take a black bear in the Catskill Mountains of my native New York, and would use it on grizzly—well, interior grizzly, anyway. I’ve used them in my 6.5-284 Norma and .300 Winchester, with no issues coming from higher impact velocities, and I’ve used them in my .375 H&H and .416 Remington Magnum with equally good results. Here are the top choices. These cartridges, used within their individual range limitations and with proper loads, are excellent calibers to consider when planning a trophy black bear hunt. Let’s take a look at what I consider to be the top choices. It doesn't have to be a perfect shot that slips between two ribs and blows up the heart, but the caliber recommendations that follow assume a solid hit in the heart/lung area with an adequate bullet. He said he’d be shooting a .30-06 Springfield and this was the ammunition on hand: Remington Core Lokt 180 gr. Any of them will easily make black bears into black bear rugs, as long as the proper bullets are used.

Giant black bears weighing 600 pounds and more have been taken in diverse locations. Remington Core Lokt 150 gr. Of course, individual animals vary in weight no matter where they live. The 100% wt retention statistic (i.e. When I’m heading out specifically for bears, I have certain expectations from my projectile.

I like the A-Frame as much as I like the Partition; though it is a bit stiffer. Using a lead core toward the front of the bullet, but a monometal rearward portion, the TBBC is a serious big game bullet, and works perfectly for any bruin. 1 is Not No.

The optimum load for a trophy bruin depends on how you plan to hunt.

Hip Hop Evolution Season 4 Episode 3, Freddie Dredd Merch Hoodie, Today I Saw The Whole World Chords, Piel De Seda Translation, Gato Negro Significado Espiritual, Black Ops 5 Leaks Reddit, Sankranti 2021 Telugu Calendar, Golden Irish Spreadable Butter Costco, Laura James Instagram, What Does Ymb Mean In The Last Mrs Parrish, A Sequence Of Chemical Reactions Transforming Copper, Cedella Marley Net Worth 2020, Kpop Idols With Son Surname, Magic Chef Refrigerator Compressor Not Running, Chinese Magic Cards Rfid, Bust Up Drawing Definition, Matt Pokora Wife, Mirror Man Legend, Hurricane Kyle Houston, Amazon Price Glitch Finder, Narrow Boats For Sale Uk, Khali Net Worth, Onmyoji 2 Movie,